Writing Competition for Law Students
Let your voice be heard
The American University Washington College of Law Center for Human Rights and Humanitarian Law and the American Society of International Law’s Lieber Society (ASIL) is seeking submission of papers for the first International Humanitarian Law Student Writing Competition.
Eligibility and requirements:
- Please note: Students must be currently enrolled in a law degree program at a U.S. or foreign law school
- Students may choose a topic within the scope of international humanitarian law
- Submissions must be unpublished academic papers written solely by the candidate in English
- Papers must be submitted by e-mail to TEACHINGIHL@WCL.AMERICAN.EDU
- The deadline for submissions is Monday, January 31, 2011, by 12 P.M. (EST)
The two winning authors will present their papers at an expert conference at American University Washington College of Law in Washington, D.C., with travel and accommodation expenses covered. They will have their submissions published and will receive a one-year student membership to the American Society of International Law.