Don’t Let Kids Play With Fire!
Kids playing with fire destroyed 14,500 buildings in one year. What can you do to stop kids from playing with fire?
- Store matches and lighters out of children’s reach and sight.
- Never use lighters or matches as a source of amusement for children; they may imitate you.
- Use only lighters designed with child-resistant features.
- Explain to children that matches and lighters are tools for adults only.
- Teach children to tell an adult if they see matches or lighters.
- Never leave matches or lighters in a bedroom or any place where children may go without supervision.
These fire facts are brought to you by Team Firestopper! We’re working to stop fires before they start in your community! For more information or fire tips, visit www.chicagoredcross.org/tfs or www.redcross.org/homefires!